Why Join Ascent?
Joining Ascent means joining a passionate team of problem solvers working together to make things better by making better things. We work alongside industry leaders and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo to design and build customer experiences that redefine expectations.
As part of our growing team, you’ll join an open, inclusive, and engaging workplace culture that values your professional growth and empowers you to bring your very best to every challenge.
Visual Designers are responsible for the design and orchestration of the visual creative elements of brands,
systems, products, services, and a host of other applications. This area of Ascent’s business marries a wide
range of disciplines from traditional digital and print design and production, through designing for interaction
(systems) and customer experiences. Above all, visual designers actively translate the intricacies and
nuance of complex projects into effective visual systems that are engaging, emotional, and beautiful.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will play an important role as both an individual contributor and as a mentor, leader, and guide to your colleagues. You will frequently be the driving force behind creative projects from start to finish, and it will be your role to plan, prioritize, and execute, with autonomy and confidence. While you will often be working alongside your creative peers, you will most often be immersed in a multidisciplinary project team assembled to take on difficult and sometimes ambiguous challenges.
You will be a successful member of our team by:
- Connecting the principles, essence, and strategic ambitions of companies and brands into visual expressions.
- Creating human-centered user experiences and interfaces for digital products for both consumers and enterprise clients.
- Designing brand and marketing identities and building on existing ones.
- Creating scalable design systems for typography, layout, components, colour, and other parameters.
- Driving the advancement of our own unique brand and helping secure our position as a market leader through innovative and unexpected design.
- Delivering best-in-class visuals and documents that help us deliver the best-in-class products and services we provide our clients.
- Exploring, assessing, and producing visual material in the physical realm in a variety of mediums.
- Designing and executing visual experiences that leverage different media and delivery channels to engage through story, emotional connection, education, discovery, and other design dimensions to support the underlying strategic ambition.
- Keeping us on the leading edge of design and visual technology and pushing the limits of what we can do to deliver next generation experiences for businesses and consumers.
- Creating, prolifically.
When working on a project team, you will:
- Lead project teams in the discovery of the right balance between aesthetic beauty and user functionality.
- Develop the mood, tone, and visual expression of products, services, and concepts.
- Create and expand design systems.
- Support the project team with creative assets, design support, inspiration, and ideas.
- Drive the collaboration between the visual team and our marketing, systems, and business analysis teams.
- Confront ambiguity with logic and reason, and an abiding belief that the effort of the team will be rewarded with a breakthrough.
Ascent offers a competitive compensation package based on skills and experience, including an employer-paid benefits program.
This position will remain open until the ideal candidate is identified. Due to the collaborative nature of our work, preference will be given to candidates who are able to work on-site at our Regina studio.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our career portal below.